Change of Schedule (Drop/Add)
Information regarding registration and/or changes using a Change of Schedule (Drop/Add) process is provided below. Typically most changes can be made through UAccess Student Center until a specified date. The change of schedule process is for exceptions and those enrollment requests that need approval of an instructor and/or College or academic unit. To identify when a Change of Schedule and/or a Late Change Petition are necessary, please see the Dates and Deadlines calendar.
Click play on the video below to get an overview of the Change of Schedule Request process
Note: Some departments have elected not to use the online Change of Schedule form for adding classes and prefer to enroll students departmentally. If your class selection is not available for enrollment in the online Change of Schedule form, please contact the department offering the class for enrollment assistance.
Students attempting to drop classes for Fall 2020 should utilize UAccess Student Center.
Students who need to withdrawal from all courses should review the Complete Withdrawal from the Term information.
To add classes
- Students should attempt to enroll themselves first in UAccess Student Center
- Students may contact the department offering the course to enroll
- Students may contact their academic advisor to enroll
- If still unsuccessful, students may submit a request through the online workflow
To add classes late
- Login to the form, select “Other” and use the resulting comments box to explain what registration actions are needed. Select “Late Add” from the action drop down list
- Example – Student is enrolled in an incorrect section (submit one request, multiple transactions—drop and “add another course”)
- Example – Student is switching sections (submit one request, multiple transactions—drop and “add another course”)
- Example – Student has cleared a hold that was preventing enrollment
Note: Departments are not able to override the following and the online Change of Schedule should be used:
- Multiple enrollments in the same course for summer
- Time conflicts
- Service Indicators
- Unit maximum loads for summer sessions
The Office of the Registrar will not approve the following:
- Requests to override enrollment capacity for In-Person or Flex In-Person classes
Please contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns. Students are encouraged to consult with your academic advisor as you consider any changes to enrollment status. Contact information for advisors is available at the Advising Resource Center.