Fall 2020 - Information and Updates
Last updated 8/12/2020
This page is to provide updates and information for the Fall 2020 semester from the Office of the Registrar. Please visit the main University COVID-19 website for the most updated official guidance.
Fall 2020 Schedule of Classes Update
The Fall 2020 class schedule has been updated to reflect the class format as selected by each academic unit and faculty member. Additional updates may be made to individulal classes. Students are encouraged to review the information below and to connect with their academic advisor or Graduate College Degree Counselor.
NEW: The information about the On Ramp categorization of classes has been updated in UAccess for all in-person and flex in-person classes. Click here for an overview on how to view the class details to identify which on-ramp each class is assigned. More information on the On-Ramp here.
Fall 2020 Class Formats
For Parents/Legal Guardians/Others - Tutorials on how to view the schedule and identify class formats in UAccess Guest Center: PDF
Class Format DescriptionsClick or enter to reveal information below
Students and instructors attend class in person with enhanced health protections, including wearing face coverings and decreasing classroom density. Students must review the class details on UAccess to identify when in-person instruction will begin.
Students participate in a mix of in-person and online modes. For example, you may be in a rotating group that alternates between in-person and online meetings following the weekly class schedule. Or you may participate in lectures online and labs in person. The exact mix of in-person and online will be determined by your instructor. Students must review the class details on UAccess to identify when in-person instruction will begin.
The instructor and students are online simultaneously, and your instructor provides content in a live online platform.
For the majority of coursework, students and instructors are not required to be online simultaneously, and students complete their work through D2L.
Frequently Asked Questions (last updated 8/10/20)Click or enter to reveal information below
Am I able to take all of my classes online?
All courses will provide options for students who are unable to come to campus due to illness or other temporary circumstances, as well as for graduate students who may need to remain remote for the duration of the semester. Undergraduate students planning to learn remotely online should enroll in Live Online or iCourses but can request a special exemption if needed for degree progress or completion. Exceptions are not guaranteed and may not be possible for some courses. Students should connect with their academic advisor and review the information below on how to adjust their schedule.
Can I change my schedule?
- You can adjust your selected classes through UAccess Student Center to meet your individual needs. Please connect with your academic advisor to determine what options will help you continue on your path to graduation.
Will anything else change?
- Due to the evolving nature of situation, some classes may still have updates prior to the beginning of the semester. Students are encouraged to check their schedule and connect with your advisor again as the start of term draws closer to make sure your schedule continues to align with your needs and preferences.
Why does my In-Person or Flex In-Person class have a Live Online portion?
- In-Person and Flex In-Person classes will finish the in-person meetings by Thanksgiving, with the remainder of the class being held in the Live Online format.
- The added meeting pattern is for any physical class meetings and is shown in the Meeting Information area of the Class Details on your schedule
- Independent Study, Practicum, Dissertation, Directed Research, and similar classes do not have a physical location will not have the extra meeting line for Live Online.
How can I see if my class will start in-person or Online?
- Classes that will start in-person instruction as part of the first on-ramp have been updated in UAccess as of 8/3/2020. Click here for an overview on how to view the class details. Classes that will start Live Online and then transition to in-person or flex-in-person coursework have been updated as of 8/10/2020.
Instructor Resources (last updated 8/7/20)Click or enter to reveal information below
The Office of Instruction and Assessment (OIA) has created a website for Teaching Models that will provide ideas and resources to support instructors in planning for various teaching modalities for Fall 2020. An Instructor FAQ is on the main re-entry page.
Suggested Syllabus language for the class formats developed by the Teaching & Learning Re-Entry Taskforce
Classroom Information (last updated 8/11/20)Click or enter to reveal information below
Classrooms will not be assigned to any Live Online class section.
Join us by zoom this Friday, August 14th at 10am for an overview of centrally scheduled classroom changes for the Fall 2020 semester. Resources will be shared by representatives of the University Classroom Committee: Classroom Technology Services, Room & Course Scheduling, Disability Resource Center, Collaborative Learning Spaces, Office of Instruction & Assessment, and Facilities Management.
Date: Friday, August 14
Time: 10:00am – 11:00am Arizona Time
Zoom Link: https://arizona.zoom.us/j/91046844618
Resource LinksClick or enter to reveal information below
Office of the Registrar - Remote Availability Only
We are here to help you - please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 520-621-3113. To reduce the number of employees on campus as much as possible while still maintaining necessary operations, The University of Arizona Office of the Registrar team is working remotely beginning Monday, March 23. Walk-in services will be unavailable until further notice; if you need to submit paper documents please scan and email to email@example.com. Please click this link for additional services updates.