Using a Change of Schedule (Drop/Add) Form
Information regarding registration and/or changes using a Change of Schedule (Drop/Add) form is provided below, in the form of questions and answers. The information provided below is specific for Undergraduate Students. Graduate, Law and Professional Students, please see Dates and Deadlines calendar.
To see when a Change of Schedule form is required, see Dates and Deadlines.
$25.00 Course Late Drop Fee: With the following exceptions, a $25.00 late drop fee will be charged to the student for each student-initiated drop and for each administrative drop beginning the second week and continuing through the last day of classes for Fall and Spring semesters. A grade of W will be awarded after the second week of classes and a $25 late drop fee will be assessed. See Dates and Deadlines for specific dates.
Exceptions to the $25.00 Late Drop Fee:
- Does not apply to section changes
- Does not apply to department drops
- Does not apply to Summer and Winter courses
- Does not apply to courses with non-standard start and end dates
- Does not apply to complete withdrawals from the University
- Where can I get a Change of Schedule form?
- Do I need an Instructor's approval to add and/or change a course when using a Change of Schedule form?
- How long is the Instructor/Dean signature good for?
- Do I need photo ID to have my Change of Schedule processed?
- Where do I take my signed Change of Schedule form to be processed?
- Do I need an Instructor/Dean signature to drop a course?
- How can I register for more than the maximum units allowed per semester?
- Troubleshooting Problems When Downloading or Installing Acrobat Reader -- from the Adobe website.
The student is responsible for obtaining ALL required signatures before submitting the Change of Schedule form for processing.
Yes, Instructor approval is required for all course adds and/or changes (e.g. section change, change to pass/fail grading status, etc.). According to the Registrar's Dates and Deadlines Calendar, an Instructor's approval is communicated by his/her signature and date on the Change of Schedule form.
Change of Schedule forms must be submitted for processing within 5 working days of obtaining the Instructor/Dean signature.
Yes, photo ID is required.
Change of Schedule forms need to be presented IN PERSON at the Registration and Transcripts Office in the Administration Building, Room 210.
Students must present picture ID.
Change of Schedule forms cannot be dropped off or submitted by instructors, family, friends or department employees on behalf of students.
Exceptions to this policy need to be approved in advance by a supervisor.
Change of Schedule forms are processed in the Office of the Registrar (Administration Building, Room 210). See also, dates and deadlines on the Summer & Winter Sessions site.
The Office of Summer & Winter Sessions will handle all Winter Session Change of Schedule forms. See also, dates and deadlines on the Summer & Winter Sessions site.
Fall and Spring semesters:
An Instructor's signature is not required during the first 10 weeks of the semester. However, during this time, students are encouraged to use UAccess Student to drop a course.
Course drops processed within those first 2 weeks of the Fall and Spring semester do not appear on a student's transcript.
UAccess Student will be available for course drops through the 10th week of the semester.
After the end of the 10th week of the semester, course drops may be processed with exception to the policy by using the Late Change Petition through the College Dean's Office.
- Date specific information can be found on the Dates and Deadlines calender.
Summer and Winter Sessions:
Visit the Office of Summer & Winter Sessions for dates and deadlines pertaining to course drops.
To register for more than the maximum number of units allowed per semester (19 for undergraduate students), visit your College Dean's Office to have the maximum number of units adjusted on UAccess Student.