Students: Change Contact/Personal Information

Change of Contact Information:

Change of Personal Information:

Changes to name, Social Security number, date of birth, citizenship, ethnicity or gender may be processed with the Change of Personal Information form at the Office of Registration and Transcripts, see acceptable documentation below.

If you are a current employee or a former employee of the University of Arizona within the past calendar year,  contact the department you are/were employed by to process any changes.
If you are an international student, changes may be processed through the International Student Programs and Services Office at 915 N. Tyndall, Avenue,  520-621-4627.

Changes made in person:

Fill out a Change of Personal Information Form and bring your documentation (with some form of picture identification) to the Administration Building, Room 210. Hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m. Monday - Friday (excluding holidays and closures).

Changes made by mail or fax:

Mail a copy of your documentation and a copy of photo identification (such as a driver’s license) along with the Change of Personal Information form (including your signature) to: Office of Registration and Transcripts, Administration Building, PO Box 210066, Tucson AZ 85721-0066.  Fax the same information to: 520-621-8944. All documentation must be legible if sent by fax.

Acceptable Documentation for Changes to your Personal Information: 

Name Changes (Currently enrolled students only) choose one of the following:
  • Marriage License/Certificate
  • Adoption Papers
  • Court Order
  • Passport/Permanent Visa
  • Divorce Decree
  • Social Security Card
  • Government Issued ID
Marital Status (Currently enrolled students only):
  • Marriage License or Divorce Decree
Correcting a Birth Date:
  • Birth Certificate            
Adding/Correcting my Social Security Number:
  • Social Security Card
Gender Change:
  • Government Issue ID or documentation
  • Medical Documentation
Citizenship Change:
  • Passport or Certificate of Naturalization



Changes to Historical Academic Records

But for the following exceptions The University of Arizona does not alter historical academic records. Changes will be processed only if there is evidence of a legal requirement for the change.

  • Name Change -- Currently enrolled students only
  • Gender Change
  • Birth Date
  • Marital Status -- Currently enrolled students only

If more information is needed, please call (520) 621-3113 or E-mail