Compliance Manual Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA): Section VIII
The federal government has designated an office to review compliance with this Act. It is...
In compliance with this Act, The University of Arizona Office of the Registrar will provide such reporting and compliance data as the Federal Government may require.
It also serves as the official records office for this Act and for forwarding complaints directly to the Department of Education, if necessary.
Any further questions concerning compliance should be directed to the Office of the Registrar.
Related FERPA links
- FERPA Training (web course)
- Student Records Privacy Guidelines, Office of the Registrar
- UA Policies & Procedures
- Family Policy Compliance Office -- U.S. Department of Education
- Protecting the Privacy of Student Records (Guidelines for Education Agencies) -- U.S. Department of Education, National Center for Education Statistics
- FERPA and Campus Safety (From the National Association of College and University Attorneys) -- Office of the General Counsel
- The Family Rights and Privacy Act: 7 Myths - and the Truth -- The Chronicle of Higher Education