RCS Online Section Forms
Open Scheduling Dates and DeadlinesClick or enter to reveal information below
Spring 2018 (2181) Open Scheduling will take place Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - Sunday, June 18, 2017.
- Open Lab Sessions:
- Wednesday, May 17th, 9:00am – 11:00am in ILC 125
- Tuesday, June 13th, 2:00pm – 4:00pm in ILC 125
- Thursday, June 15th, 2:00pm – 4:00pm in ILC 125
Winter 2017 (2175) Open Scheduling will take place Monday, August 28, 2017 - Sunday September 10, 2017.
Summer 2018 (2182) Open Scheduling will take place Monday, September 11, 2017 - Sunday, October 1, 2017.
Fall 2018 (2184) Open Scheduling will take place Monday, October 2, 2017 - Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
During any Open Scheduling period please be sure to notify RCS via email with any of the following information that is applicable to your department's sections.
- Any sections meeting together in the same room that cannot be in a combination in UAccess. (For example, sections that are both cross-listed and co-convened that need to be in two separate combinations to control enrollment capacities, but should be scheduled in the same room.) Failure to provide RCS this information will result in those sections being scheduled in separate rooms thus minimizing room availability for all departments.
- Forward any DRC reasonable accommodation memos for instructors or students requiring specific room needs.
- Room Grids for priority scheduling.
- Any other special room scheduling needs or considerations.
- For any sections meeting in a departmentally controlled space please be sure to indicate that space in the Facility Preferences area in UAccess.
- For any sections wanting to meet in a Collaborative Learning Space, please use the Room Characteristic #35 “Collaborative Learning Space” and indicate the desired room preference(s) using the Facility Preference fields.
- Use the Common Final Exam Request Form to request a Common Final exam for four or more sections of the same course, or sections with greater than 200 students enrolled. This completed form may be submitted by email or hand delivered to M LNG 347.
- Use the Component Unit Assignment Template to let us know what the division of units should be between components.
- Use the Class Permissions Opt-In Form to opt in or out of the permission number process in which RCS will generate a minimum of 10 permission numbers for every section in your department.
- Any components which should be optional for students. (For example, students enrolled in a Lecture would then have the choice of whether or not to enroll in the Discussion component.)
Room Usage Guidelines for ClassesClick or enter to reveal information below
Departments may schedule class sections in either Departmentally Scheduled rooms or Centrally Scheduled rooms. When requesting Centrally Scheduled classrooms, certain guidelines must be followed to ensure that classrooms are utilized in the most efficient manner, allowing the most class sections to be scheduled in each room. While these guidelines are helpful for all scheduling, departments are only required to follow them for classes scheduled in Centrally Scheduled Classroom space.
Classroom InformationClick or enter to reveal information below
For more information on Centrally Scheduled room capacities, event reservation rates, Classroom Technology Services, Disability Resource Center and a list of Building Managers, please visit the Classroom Information page.